Howls Intertwined
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Welcome to HI, Guest!
Welcome to Howl's Intertwine, Guest!
Please register and join us in many activities and topics our site has to offer:
RPs, discussion, show off your art, stories, poems, fanfiction, anime, music, randomness, and so much more!

We would like to welcome you as a new member, so don't be shy!

Please check out the "Welcome to the Pack" board, to get a small taste of H.I. To see the rest of the site, you must register! ** If you are already a registered member of HI, please use the Login form above, or the Log IN link in the NavMenu.**

What's your favorite language?

Go down 
+6
Prokadae
MrFateesh
Creete
Skeletor
Tsuki
Azagora
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Azagora
Beta Female
Beta Female
Azagora

Location : Lurking somewhere on planet Earth, observing from my bedroom window as the vast universe slowly comes to an end.

What's your favorite language? Empty
PostSubject: What's your favorite language?   What's your favorite language? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 5:18 am

Ayye, all! Azagora here,

Wasn't sure where to put this, since I'm too lazy to make a Language Board or Category for that matter. Anywayzzzz, what's your favorite language and why? Have you tried learning any new ones? Which ones do you think are beautiful, or harsh sounding?

Personally, I think all languages are beautiful in their own way, but some of them really get me when I hear them spoken, and it makes me want to learn them. I'm particularly obsessed when it comes to languages, maybe because I also like learning the history of different cultures, so I suppose to would make sense that I like learning their languages as well. I'm very taken with the Russian language. Funny thing was, when I began learning languages about a year ago, I wanted to do Russian on a whim, and tried it. I backed out because Rosetta Stone is so awfully boring, and I figured I would give up. Then I tried German, Swedish, Danish, Italian, Polish, Norwegian (Bokmal), Gaelic (Irish), Greek, Persian (Farsi), Finnish, French, Latin, and Turkish.

Yeah, that's a lot. Do I have a lot of free time? Definitely. Some I tried learning because of my ancestry, like Norwegian, Gaelic, and German, and I think they're very beautiful, but not for me. Oh, I might learn some general things because I want to travel to those places. Latin, I took in highschool, and I still remember it, but I find it unbearably boring to learn because of it's sentence structure.Or maybe it was my teacher that made me hate it. (Hint: She did.) After trying all of those languages, I went back to Russian once again on a whim, having found some good websites to help me, and I am in love with this language and the Russian culture. The alphabet was really fun to learn, and it's fun to write. I also like Italian, because I'm very fond of the Italian culture as well. It's so smooth and it flows so nicely - I want to learn it on the side.

So tell me, what's your favorite language and why? Did you instantly click when trying to learn it or did it take you a while? Are there any that you'd like to learn? Why?
Back to top Go down
http://azagora.deviantart.com
Tsuki
Tsuki

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite language?   What's your favorite language? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 1:04 am

I'm pretty good with my German :3 It was alot of fun to learn in high school. I also wanna learn Japanese so I can travel thereee Very Happy Gaelic would be fun to learn too, even though it's a lost language -_-'
Back to top Go down
Skeletor
Skeletor

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite language?   What's your favorite language? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 2:56 am

I did Latin in highschool. You were in one of my classes for it haha. Don't pick on poor mrs. Baker she was such a nice lady. Though I did hate the language.

I like hearing Japanese and German. I tried learning some japanese but I'm a bit too lazy to stick with it and learn it unless I'm being forced for school or something. No clue on why the I like the German. It just sounds sooooo cool to me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfb8HFtgW8s
Azagora
Beta Female
Beta Female
Azagora

Location : Lurking somewhere on planet Earth, observing from my bedroom window as the vast universe slowly comes to an end.

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite language?   What's your favorite language? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 3:41 am

Skeletor wrote:
I did Latin in highschool. You were in one of my classes for it haha. Don't pick on poor mrs. Baker she was such a nice lady. Though I did hate the language.

I like hearing Japanese and German. I tried learning some japanese but I'm a bit too lazy to stick with it and learn it unless I'm being forced for school or something. No clue on why the I like the German. It just sounds sooooo cool to me.

I remember that. rofl Nothing against Mrs Baker, she was very nice. It's just her way of teaching it was similar to nails on a chalkboard to me. xD
Back to top Go down
http://azagora.deviantart.com
Creete
Alpha Female
Alpha Female
Creete

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite language?   What's your favorite language? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 1:15 pm

I've always wanted to learn German. Right now I'm learning Italian, which is extremely easy, by the way. My parents forced me to do three years of Spanish in highschool. -_- I had two years of it with Tuski I think. It was at least one year - freshman year. I am hispanic, and I felt it a total waste to take the language in school where as I could always learn it at home. -siiigh-
Back to top Go down
https://howlsintertwined.forumotion.com
MrFateesh
MrFateesh

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite language?   What's your favorite language? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 2:05 pm

I would love to learn japanese. And russian is just sexy. well mainly russian chicks and their accents Wink
Back to top Go down
Skeletor
Skeletor

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite language?   What's your favorite language? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 3:46 pm

Azagora wrote:

I remember that. rofl Nothing against Mrs Baker, she was very nice. It's just her way of teaching it was similar to nails on a chalkboard to me. xD

ok this is true, her teaching was terrible. luckily for me I had someone doing my work for me. I can hardly remember a word of it.

Creete wrote:
I've always wanted to learn German. Right now I'm learning Italian, which is extremely easy, by the way. My parents forced me to do three years of Spanish in highschool. -_- I had two years of it with Tuski I think. It was at least one year - freshman year. I am hispanic, and I felt it a total waste to take the language in school where as I could always learn it at home. -siiigh-

I've been wondering bout who some of these random names are. like whos tsuki. Also since you were learning it two places didnt that make it super easy, I'm a fan of easy things.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfb8HFtgW8s
Tsuki
Tsuki

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite language?   What's your favorite language? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 10:01 pm

*Tsuki. lol xD
I remember Creete! You were the only person I really talked to in Spanish class, lol. I'll teach you German sometime, it's fun :3

Oh and I had the same problem as you guys with learning Japanese: looks like fun, but it's hard to learn, and alot of work ><
Back to top Go down
Prokadae
Prokadae

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite language?   What's your favorite language? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 12:27 pm

y'know i really pity people trying to learn english, it has so many little rules, not to mention there are exceptions to most of them. roof, swoop, too, foot. no, it doesn't work. lol. i wonder what happened there...and then all the other little things, it's just a bad language period. i'm rather fond of cherokee because a. it has no such rule bendings that i know of and b. it has no swear words ^w^
Back to top Go down
Catori
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite language?   What's your favorite language? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:32 am

i want to learn Italian, Russian, Polish, lenni-lenape, Japanese, & Chinese
Back to top Go down
Sunfrost
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite language?   What's your favorite language? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:34 pm

I love the sound of German & Japanese. Two languages where you can just speak loudly and everybody thinks you're mad. ^.^ Makes my day all the time. I've learned a little of both. Livemocha is very good for learning language plus it's mostly free. You can't get any better than that!

Little fun fact: One of my bucket list goals is to learn 5 languages other than English before I die.
Back to top Go down
Jotunn
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite language?   What's your favorite language? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 3:37 pm

I want to learn Finnish, I love the way it sounds, Maybe Russian as well, Although Russian seems confusing to learn >_<
Back to top Go down
Snivy
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
Snivy

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite language?   What's your favorite language? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:16 pm

my favorite language is one that everyone can understand after translator microbes are implanted in your brain... i kid i kid (farscape refrence) i like german the best lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite language?   What's your favorite language? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's your favorite language?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Howls Intertwined :: Welcome to Howls Intertwined :: General Chat-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com